RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 2.2 and Wacom Graphire3

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 2.2 and Wacom Graphire3 Marco 14 Jan 21:40
  Gimp 2.2 and Wacom Graphire3 Mark D. Montgomery II 14 Jan 22:15
  Gimp 2.2 and Wacom Graphire3 Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 14 Jan 22:37
Gimp 2.2 and Wacom Graphire3 Marco 14 Jan 21:49
  Gimp 2.2 and Wacom Graphire3 Sven Neumann 15 Jan 12:04
Marco
2005-01-14 21:40:34 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hello,

firstly, I got really impressed by the way this stuff has been recognised... without editing ANYTHING the tablet could work... and I could even do some drawings...

the problem is:

there is none of the 512 (i think) pressure levels active. i don't know how this can be fixed, and I don't even know either if it is actually a GIMP problem or not [please don't kill me]...

as I have found nothing helpful over the net, can you suggest me some solutions?

gr33ts :m8c:

Marco
2005-01-14 21:49:08 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hello,

firstly, I got really impressed by the way this stuff has been recognised... without editing ANYTHING the tablet could work... and I could even do some drawings...

the problem is:

there is none of the 512 (i think) pressure levels active. i don't know how this can be fixed, and I don't even know either if it is actually a GIMP problem or not [please don't kill me]...

as I have found nothing helpful over the net, can you suggest me some solutions?

gr33ts :m8c:

Mark D. Montgomery II
2005-01-14 22:15:25 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 21:40 +0100, Marco wrote:

Hello,

the problem is:

Did you enable the devices in File->Preferences->Input Devices->Configure Extended Input devices? I'm assuming you already set the proper configuration lines for the tablet's parts in your X config. Unless you meant that by editing nothing, you just plugged in the tablet and it worked (which I did before I setup the X config).
If that is the case, you need the appropriate lines in your X config so it knows the tablet is something other than just a USB mouse.

gr33ts
:m8c:

Mark II

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2005-01-14 22:37:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Le 14.01.2005 21:40:34, Marco a écrit :

Hello,

The default is to have your mouse / stylus / eraser acting like a mouse.

There is the linuxwacom project that allows the correct working of the wacom tablet replacing some modules in the kernel and in the xfree tree (I suppose you are using linux).

This project is hosted at sourceforge :

http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/

the problem is:

I've a graphire 2 and I've the full functionnalities only after using the modules from this project

gr33ts
:m8c:

Regards

Jean-Luc

Sven Neumann
2005-01-15 12:04:15 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Marco writes:

the problem is:

If you didn't configure anything, then the tablet is working in mouse mode only. You will have to explicitely enable it from the GIMP preferences dialog.

Sven