RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Where are "N", "M" dashes?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Where are "N", "M" dashes? Rick Strong 09 Apr 19:46
  Found Re: Where are "N", "M" dashes? Rick Strong 09 Apr 22:46
Rick Strong
2017-04-09 19:46:55 UTC (about 7 years ago)

Where are "N", "M" dashes?

I can’t seem to get an “N” or “M” dash out GIMP’s text editor.

Alt+0150 “–” and +0151 “—” work for me in other programs, just not GIMP. Win 7, GIMP 2.8.16, Minion Pro font. Any suggestions?

TIA,
Rick S.

Rick Strong
2017-04-09 22:46:13 UTC (about 7 years ago)

Found Re: Where are "N", "M" dashes?

Found it!

From Techwalla:

"Select "Use Editor" in the GIMP toolbox to display the text editor and then press "Ctrl," "Shift" and "U" to enable direct Unicode entry. The text editor displays a "u" to represent a Unicode character. Insert the symbol by typing its Unicode value in the window and pressing "Enter.""

Unicode from unicode-table.com:

https://unicode-table.com/en/blocks/general-punctuation/ "General Punctuation is a Unicode block containing punctuation, spacing, and formatting characters for use with all scripts and writing systems. Included are the defined-width spaces, joining formats, directional formats, smart quotes, archaic and novel punctuation such as the interobang, and invisible mathematical operators."

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Rick Strong
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2017 3:46 PM To: GIMP User List
Subject: [Gimp-user] Where are "N", "M" dashes?

I can’t seem to get an “N” or “M” dash out GIMP’s text editor.

Alt+0150 “–” and +0151 “—” work for me in other programs, just not GIMP. Win 7, GIMP 2.8.16, Minion Pro font. Any suggestions?

TIA,
Rick S.