RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Editing gradients

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Editing gradients Judy Wilson 13 Jan 22:25
  Editing gradients Judy Wilson 13 Jan 22:35
  Editing gradients Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 13 Jan 22:47
  Editing gradients Dave Neary 14 Jan 11:40
Judy Wilson
2005-01-13 22:25:36 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Editing gradients

I want to edit a couple of gradients and I am unable to make the gradient editor work. I click on a gradient and I get the edit gradient dialog, but I am not able to do anything else. I right and left click on the segments and it seems that they are frozen. What am I doing wrong? I have googled for help and find some instructions, but they don't seem to work. I'm using Gimp 2.0 on Mepis. Thanks for any help!

Judy Wilson

Judy Wilson
2005-01-13 22:35:31 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Editing gradients

Sorry, I just discovered that if I hit Duplicate gradient, I can edit it. Thanks!

Judy Wilson wrote:

I want to edit a couple of gradients and I am unable to make the gradient editor work. I click on a gradient and I get the edit gradient dialog, but I am not able to do anything else. I right and left click on the segments and it seems that they are frozen. What am I doing wrong? I have googled for help and find some instructions, but they don't seem to work. I'm using Gimp 2.0 on Mepis. Thanks for any help!

Judy Wilson

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-01-13 22:47:45 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Editing gradients

Hi Judy,

On Thursday 13 January 2005 19:25, Judy Wilson wrote:

So, the gradients that come pre-isntaled with the GIMP are read only - so they can't be edited, and the interface fails to show that by dispalying disabled controls. What is diasbled instead is the right click context menu.

All you have to do is click first on the "duplicate gradient" button, or in the "new gradient". That will bring up a working gradient editor dialog.

Regards,
JS
->

Judy Wilson

Dave Neary
2005-01-14 11:40:55 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Editing gradients

Hi Judy,

Selon Judy Wilson :

To edit gradients, you need write access to the gradient file, otherwise the gradient is opened read-only. If you are trying to edit a preset gradient, first copy the gradient, and then try editing.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France