RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Graphics Muse Tools

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20050112200046.0107012F8D@l... 07 Oct 20:16
  Graphics Muse Tools Michael J. Hammel 12 Jan 21:36
Michael J. Hammel
2005-01-12 21:36:38 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Graphics Muse Tools

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:42:31 +0100 (MET) Michael Schumacher wrote:

Please use the plug-in template when you do this, it makes it really easy to build them on each platform.

Autoconf and friends make the template portable. I use Imake (I'm old, it's what I grew up with). As long as X continues to use imake then that portability should continue to exist for Unix/Linux platforms. I don't worry about Windows because I don't want to support Windows issues (see reference to being old and add "crotchety"). But I continue to use Imake because it's what I know and it tends to work just fine for me. My XNotesPlus is also imake based and I know it builds on just about all Unix/Linux platforms (or at least no one is reporting problems recently).

To my knowledge the only current problem with portability is that the imake templates related to building man pages have changed for some distributions of Linux, probably the X.org based distributions. XFree86 based distributions should be okay. As soon as I get a chance to try the build on my newly installed FC2 I'll fix the problem with the man page rule that causes the build to break on other systems. At least I'm assuming its a change to the imake templates that is causing the problem. I've run into this issue before in various forms.

You didn't advertize them much, did you? I discovered them only recently when hunting for plug-ins to build...

I posted to Freshmeat, c.o.l.a and a few other places. I always post updates to my open source software on Freshmeat. It seems the most appropriate place. I didn't announce on GIMP User because I felt that a commercial announcement (even shareware) was just not appropriate. I think I referenced them in replies to some posts here but tried not to make it sound like an advertisement.