RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

fix-ca not showing in menu (ubuntu)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

fix-ca not showing in menu (ubuntu) Jan_FtFA 01 Apr 16:46
  fix-ca not showing in menu (ubuntu) rich2005 01 Apr 20:00
   fix-ca not showing in menu (ubuntu) Jan_FtFA 01 Apr 21:19
2017-04-01 16:46:24 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Hello,

I'm new here. I use GIMP quite a lot and so far without many problems (many kudos for the developers!) but this one I can't solve:

Fix-ca (the chromatic aberration plug in) does not appear in the menu although it is installed. It shows in the plug-in browser.

I have Ubuntu 16.04 64 bits. Gimp version 2.8.20.

I removed and reinstalled the complete plug in registry with the package manager, but still it does not show up.

Any ideas??

rich2005
2017-04-01 20:00:49 UTC (about 7 years ago)

Hello,

I'm new here. I use GIMP quite a lot and so far without many problems (many kudos for the developers!) but this one I can't solve:

Fix-ca (the chromatic aberration plug in) does not appear in the menu although it is installed. It shows in the plug-in browser.

I have Ubuntu 16.04 64 bits. Gimp version 2.8.20.

I removed and reinstalled the complete plug in registry with the package manager, but still it does not show up.

Any ideas??

I can confirm the file from the gimp-plugin-registry package does not work. (possibly never been updated since the year dot)

Remove whatever you have installed, un-zip the attached zip archive. Put the file fix-ca into your Gimp profile ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins

Screenshot is Kubuntu 16.04

2017-04-01 21:19:06 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Rich2005:

You put a smile on my face! Works like a charm!

Thanks a lot!!