RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Install gimp2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

41DEA2BD00054F90@mail17.blu... 07 Oct 20:16
  Install gimp2 Deem Vermeulen 12 Jan 11:23
41DE9B9E0008886D@mail15.blu... 07 Oct 20:16
  Install gimp2 Sven Neumann 15 Jan 12:05
  Install gimp2 Carol Spears 15 Jan 14:20
Deem Vermeulen
2005-01-12 11:23:07 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install gimp2

Dear Ron,

I have exact the same problem, whereas the installation on Windows is rather easy. Hope that someone can give a good advice.

Cheers

Deem

_____

From: gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu [mailto:gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Ron Eggler Sent: woensdag 12 januari 2005 6:33
To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-user] Install gimp2

hi,

i try to install gimp2.

had to update glib(2.6.0), pkconfig (0.14.0) but still get this error:

[c&p] checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.5... no *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why... *** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means *** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong *** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your *** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point *** to the installed location Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that *** is required on your system
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although *** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH configure: error: Test for GLIB failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help. server:/mnt/SaveFiles/data/zip/linux/gimp-2.2.2 # [/c&p]

erm, yes i have an older version installed but if i remove it in yast, it tells me it couldn't remove it cause several applications would need it. i updated to version 2.6.0.

what do i have to do to solve this problem?

Thanks!

chEErs roN

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ron Eggler

Alte Römerstr.34

CH-8404 Winterhur

Switzerland

ron@rideon.ch

www.rideon.ch

Sven Neumann
2005-01-15 12:05:30 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install gimp2

Hi,

"Ron Eggler" writes:

Erm how do I check that?

I strongly suggest to read the pkg-config manpage. It helps a lot to understand the tools that you are using.

Sven

Carol Spears
2005-01-15 14:20:20 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install gimp2

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 06:45:36PM +0100, Ron Eggler wrote:

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 06:32:43AM +0100, Ron Eggler wrote:

i try to install gimp2.
had to update glib(2.6.0), pkconfig (0.14.0) but still get this error: [c&p]
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.5... no

i am just guessing, it has been a long time since i have had pkg-config

problems; perhaps you are searching only in >/usr/local and not in /usr/.

the first place i would check that your linking system searches both

locations.

Erm how do I check that?

i was going to suggest that you add the path to /etc/ld.so.conf but i just checked mine and the path to /usr/lib (which is where my glib lives) is not there.

i read the pkg-config manpage: carol@treva:~$ pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0 2.4.8

then i confirmed where i thought it should be: carol@treva:~$ ls /usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib* /usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc /usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib.pc

then i confirmed where it is not: carol@treva:~$ ls /usr/local/lib/glib* ls: /usr/local/lib/glib*: No such file or directory

i dont know the reason it works for me and not for you. perhaps at this point it is good to ask what your distribution is and what version of it you are running.

have you built other things? you might need to install the -dev version of glib also. actually, it would be very good to know if you have successfully built other software.

carol