RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Question about scaling images in Gimp 2.2.1

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Question about scaling images in Gimp 2.2.1 Tom Williams 10 Jan 08:35
  Question about scaling images in Gimp 2.2.1 Carol Spears 10 Jan 19:09
   Question about scaling images in Gimp 2.2.1 Carol Spears 10 Jan 19:14
    Question about scaling images in Gimp 2.2.1 Tom Williams 11 Jan 05:14
Tom Williams
2005-01-10 08:35:46 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Ok, so I was trying to scale an image and I right-clicked and clicked "Image", then "Scale Image", and when the scale image dialog appears I changed the units from pixels to percentage and the number changed from pixels to some LARGE number (like over 2000). When I specify a percentage that I want to scale to, say 75%, the image scales down to something tiny (like 8 x 9 pixels).

How does one scale an image by a percentage using Gimp 2.2.x?

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom

Carol Spears
2005-01-10 19:09:08 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 11:35:46PM -0800, Tom Williams wrote:

Ok, so I was trying to scale an image and I right-clicked and clicked "Image", then "Scale Image", and when the scale image dialog appears I changed the units from pixels to percentage and the number changed from pixels to some LARGE number (like over 2000). When I specify a percentage that I want to scale to, say 75%, the image scales down to something tiny (like 8 x 9 pixels).

there was a discussion about this in the developer mail, i think. if i remember correctly, they are going to put this back into the scale dialog like it was.

carol

Carol Spears
2005-01-10 19:14:49 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 10:09:08AM -0800, Carol Spears wrote:

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 11:35:46PM -0800, Tom Williams wrote:

there was a discussion about this in the developer mail, i think. if i remember correctly, they are going to put this back into the scale dialog like it was.

okay, i am responding to my own email, i read somewhere that this is not the best way to start your day or something.

the discussion was on this list and the promise was that it would be fixed in the 2.2.2 release which was out yesterday.

i guess i just wish that it be restored to the scale dialog where i am used to having it.

carol

Tom Williams
2005-01-11 05:14:11 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Carol Spears wrote:

okay, i am responding to my own email, i read somewhere that this is not the best way to start your day or something.

the discussion was on this list and the promise was that it would be fixed in the 2.2.2 release which was out yesterday.

i guess i just wish that it be restored to the scale dialog where i am used to having it.

carol

Yep, it's back to the old behavior in 2.2.2. Thanks!

Peace...

Tom