RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Brush icons and color picker are blue and difficult to see

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2017-03-15 15:59:32 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

I just installed linux with a fresh copy of gimp. The brush icons and color picker among other things are dark blue here is a link that shows the problem

http://i.imgur.com/8ALjVRE.jpg

How to fix it?

rich2005
2017-03-15 17:44:54 UTC (about 7 years ago)

I just installed linux with a fresh copy of gimp. The brush icons and color picker among other things are dark blue here is a link that shows the problem

How to fix it?

Never seen anything like that before and I have run Gimp in several flavours of linux over many years.

What version of linux? Which desktop environment? Which desktop theme? For good measure which version of Gimp?

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2017-03-15 19:09:49 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Never seen anything like that before and I have run Gimp in several flavours of linux over many years.

What version of linux? Which desktop environment? Which desktop theme? For good measure which version of Gimp?

sudo uname -a
Linux odroid-jessie 3.10.104+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 21 14:20:54 CET 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Gimp 2.8.14

Desktop is openbox with no theme.

Besides the brushes the color picker and many menu items are blue too, but mostly icons.

Owen Cook
2017-03-15 21:38:43 UTC (about 7 years ago)

Have a look at the bottom right of that image you posted

See the word "Basic"?

Try changing that may or may not fix it

Owen

2017-03-15 22:55:50 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Have a look at the bottom right of that image you posted

See the word "Basic"?

Try changing that may or may not fix it

Owen

It just gave me a filter, splatters, basic, media etc

There was an option to edit the brush in gimp, I picked a brush at random to edit and it looks fine, no blue. So it's something to do with the UI maybe.

rich2005
2017-03-16 09:08:17 UTC (about 7 years ago)

sudo uname -a
Linux odroid-jessie 3.10.104+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 21 14:20:54 CET 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Gimp 2.8.14

Desktop is openbox with no theme.

Besides the brushes the color picker and many menu items are blue too, but mostly icons.

Sorry, nothing in the ARM department I can use to see If I can reproduce the problem. Maybe others have some ideas.

Best guess, one of the Gimp dependencies is broken. It is the sort of effect seen when transparency is not rendered correctly.

Why not ask on a (the) odroid forum.