RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how can you make a pie with gimp ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how can you make a pie with gimp ? Gert Cuykens 06 Jan 19:08
  how can you make a pie with gimp ? Geoffrey 06 Jan 20:18
   how can you make a pie with gimp ? Andreas Waechter 06 Jan 20:31
    how can you make a pie with gimp ? Gert Cuykens 06 Jan 20:55
Gert Cuykens
2005-01-06 19:08:14 UTC (about 19 years ago)

i baked my self a gimp pie and i want to cut it in equall peaces how do i draw a line for example at exactly 36 degrees ?

Geoffrey
2005-01-06 20:18:59 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Gert Cuykens wrote:

i baked my self a gimp pie and i want to cut it in equall peaces how do i draw a line for example at exactly 36 degrees ?

I've done this before. It may not be the best way, but what I did was simply rotate the image using the 'rotate layer' tool. You can define the exact angle of rotation. Then all you have to do is draw a horizontal or vertical line using the guides.

Andreas Waechter
2005-01-06 20:31:02 UTC (about 19 years ago)

I've done this before. It may not be the best way, but what I did was simply rotate the image using the 'rotate layer' tool. You can define the exact angle of rotation. Then all you have to do is draw a horizontal or vertical line using the guides.

As with each rotation, the quality gets worse, I would put a horizontal or vertical line on a new layer, rotate that layer by the desired angle and then merge that layer down to the original layer.
Thus nothing is rotated multiple times.

Andreas

Gert Cuykens
2005-01-06 20:55:38 UTC (about 19 years ago)

thx :) I think a rotatable pie mask could do the job in combination with that alpha to selection tool thingie.

shining out the development gimp logo into the sky me holding sign "we would like rotatable guides please"