RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Dark Theme on Window Image bckgrnd turns white

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Dark Theme on Window Image bckgrnd turns white glow7 12 Mar 20:52
2017-03-12 20:52:23 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Dark Theme on Window Image bckgrnd turns white

OS - MacSierra 10.12.3 on iMac 27" 5k retina desktop Gimp 2.8.14 Mavericks & Yosemite (Update 3 (Sept 15th 2014): A Mac version for Mavericks and Yosemite of GIMP 2.8.14 has been released)

Regarding: Issue A.- Every time I open an image from file, the window image background turns white. The annoying part, if working on different image layers of 14 or more where you also switch back and forth, each time, I need to tweak the theme reload (inside Gimp Themes tab) to get it back, The dark theme is an eye strain and a monitor and monitor energy saver.

Issue B. - If Gimp is up with current project on and you want to include another from file, it opens the image by activating another Gimp.app, so you now have 2 Gimp app icons sitting on the Mac dock. Why is this?

I have been on Gimp since 2013 on Mac Mini at first. This Gimp is stable to me till I made a mistake on downloading "stable 2.8.20" BY MISTAKE where the problem with window image background originated. Also, each time Gimp does an update, I need to do a function re-orientation because of changes and that includes later subdued tool icon design in the tool box. This cause delays for me a reason to stay with the latter version mentioned.

Everytime Gimp does an update, does it affect some functions in older versions too? I hope not and it should be left alone.

Finally, where can I download the unaffected Gimp 2.8.14 Mavericks/Yosemite. Or, maybe you have a solution to correct the issue of the Windows image background? Please Help! Thank you