RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

4K screen - icon sizing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

4K screen - icon sizing dmcentee 02 Mar 22:22
  4K screen - icon sizing Alexandre Prokoudine 03 Mar 20:37
   4K screen - icon sizing in Linux RoseyXulel 06 Apr 03:28
    4K screen - icon sizing in Linux Ofnuts 06 Apr 21:11
2017-03-02 22:22:28 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

4K screen - icon sizing

Hello to all,

First let me say that I love GIMP - wonderful program.

But I just replaced my Windows 10 PC with a new HP laptop that has a 4K screen and unfortunately the toolbox icons are microscopic in size. I literally have to hold a magnifying glass up to the display in order to see them.

Is there a fix?

Thanks

Devin

Alexandre Prokoudine
2017-03-03 20:37:28 UTC (about 7 years ago)

4K screen - icon sizing

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:22 AM, dmcentee wrote:

Hello to all,

First let me say that I love GIMP - wonderful program.

But I just replaced my Windows 10 PC with a new HP laptop that has a 4K screen and unfortunately the toolbox icons are microscopic in size. I literally have to hold a magnifying glass up to the display in order to see them.

Is there a fix?

Yes: http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-GIMP-2-8-Large-size-Icons-Themes

Alex

2017-04-06 03:28:41 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

4K screen - icon sizing in Linux

Can anyone guide me in resizing the icons and brushes in GIMP 2.8 for Linux Mint 18? The text automatically adjusts with system settings but the icons remain miniscule, which makes it almost impossible to choose a brush or tool! I discovered the themes made for Windows, but none for Linux. Any assistance will be extraordinarily appreciated by me!

Ofnuts
2017-04-06 21:11:17 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

4K screen - icon sizing in Linux

On 06/04/17 05:28, RoseyXulel wrote:

Can anyone guide me in resizing the icons and brushes in GIMP 2.8 for Linux Mint 18? The text automatically adjusts with system settings but the icons remain miniscule, which makes it almost impossible to choose a brush or tool! I discovered the themes made for Windows, but none for Linux. Any assistance will be extraordinarily appreciated by me!

Did you try these themes? AFAIK the author is on Linux.

http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-GIMP-2-8-Large-size-Icons-Themes