RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

HELP - "ps" and "eps" load and save

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

HELP - "ps" and "eps" load and save pella 17 Feb 10:59
  HELP - "ps" and "eps" load and save Partha Bagchi 18 Feb 02:59
   HELP - "ps" and "eps" load and save shasselbaeck 25 Feb 22:10
  HELP - "ps" and "eps" load and save shasselbaeck 25 Feb 22:11
2017-02-17 10:59:23 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Hallo to everyone..!! this was my first post. I'm a long long long time enthusiast Gimp user, i use it for work, i'm web developer and web graphics designer. I've ever used Gimp on Linux distribution and often on Windows machines.

NOW (for my huge trouble) i'm using a Mac PRO with OS Sierra distribution. (no comment on this)

I'm surprise but with the Mac version i can't load the file-eps and file-ps load and save procedures ... i've installed the latest Ghostscript enviroment, and all the postscript binding is correctly installed on this damned OS Sierra.

the only solution i've find was to use (instead of the official Gimp for Mac 2.8) the Partha versione of Gimp..: the McGimp 2.8

with this "gimp distribution" the "procedures" for loading and saving with postscript was correctly loaded and work well. But McGimp have a graphic issue that make "Gimp" vary hard to use.. the panel window disappear any time you click outside the image window :(

Someone of you have any advice to give me..? On this anbearable Mac machine i've got also the whole Adobe Creative Cloud suite.. but Gimp works better for a wide range of situation and it result faster and more friendly than Adobe Apps... don't tell to me to convert in ps o eps with other software, i can do it but i DON'T WANT to DO it.

Thanks to all for replies.. (GIMP RULES 4EVER)

Partha Bagchi
2017-02-18 02:59:07 UTC (about 7 years ago)

For some reason, your message has appeared 15 hours late. I just saw it.

Please contact me at the email address posted on my website.

Thanks, Partha

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 5:59 AM, pella wrote:

Hallo to everyone..!! this was my first post. I'm a long long long time enthusiast Gimp user, i use it for work, i'm web developer and web graphics designer. I've ever used Gimp on Linux distribution
and often on Windows machines.

NOW (for my huge trouble) i'm using a Mac PRO with OS Sierra distribution. (no comment on this)

I'm surprise but with the Mac version i can't load the file-eps and file-ps load
and save procedures ...
i've installed the latest Ghostscript enviroment, and all the postscript binding
is correctly installed on this damned OS Sierra.

the only solution i've find was to use (instead of the official Gimp for Mac
2.8) the Partha versione of Gimp..: the McGimp 2.8

with this "gimp distribution" the "procedures" for loading and saving with postscript was correctly loaded and work well. But McGimp have a graphic issue that make "Gimp" vary hard to use.. the panel
window disappear any time you click outside the image window :(

Someone of you have any advice to give me..? On this anbearable Mac machine i've got also the whole Adobe Creative Cloud suite.. but Gimp works better for a wide range of situation and it result faster
and more friendly than Adobe Apps... don't tell to me to convert in ps o eps
with other software, i can do it but i DON'T WANT to DO it.

--
pella (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

2017-02-25 22:10:16 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Hi having the exact same problem, could you post the solution here if you found one?

For some reason, your message has appeared 15 hours late. I just saw it.

Please contact me at the email address posted on my website.

Thanks, Partha

2017-02-25 22:11:11 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Having the exact same proble, could you post your solution here if you found one?

Hallo to everyone..!! this was my first post. I'm a long long long time enthusiast Gimp user, i use it for work, i'm web developer and web graphics designer. I've ever used Gimp on Linux distribution and often on Windows machines.

NOW (for my huge trouble) i'm using a Mac PRO with OS Sierra distribution.
(no comment on this)

I'm surprise but with the Mac version i can't load the file-eps and file-ps load and save procedures ... i've installed the latest Ghostscript enviroment, and all the postscript binding is correctly installed on this damned OS Sierra.

the only solution i've find was to use (instead of the official Gimp for Mac 2.8) the Partha versione of Gimp..: the McGimp 2.8

with this "gimp distribution" the "procedures" for loading and saving with postscript was correctly loaded and work well. But McGimp have a graphic issue that make "Gimp" vary hard to use.. the panel window disappear any time you click outside the image window :(

Someone of you have any advice to give me..? On this anbearable Mac machine i've got also the whole Adobe Creative Cloud suite.. but Gimp works better for a wide range of situation and it result faster and more friendly than Adobe Apps... don't tell to me to convert in ps o eps with other software, i can do it but i DON'T WANT to DO it.