RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

(no subject)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

(no subject) Paula Koval 13 Feb 02:03
  (no subject) Ofnuts 13 Feb 10:17
Paula Koval
2017-02-13 02:03:58 UTC (about 7 years ago)

(no subject)

Hello, All! Thanks to Ofnuts and others I have learned how to add a text layer on top of a gif image. Interleave Layers is a great plug-in. I have taken it a step further and using Merge Layers I now add Drop Shadow to the text. It works very well but I notice one flaw: the text and drop shadow flicker at what I think is the same rate as the gif. It seems that they flicker whenever the gif starts over again. Any ideas on how to stop the flicker? Is it possible? My thanks in advance!

*"It's so nice to know so many nice people."*

*---Eddie Gallaher (1914-2003)     Radio Personality, Washington, DC
1947-2000*
Ofnuts
2017-02-13 10:17:58 UTC (about 7 years ago)

(no subject)

On 13/02/17 03:03, Paula Koval wrote:

Hello, All! Thanks to Ofnuts and others I have learned how to add a text layer on top of a gif image. Interleave Layers is a great plug-in. I have taken it a step further and using Merge Layers I now add Drop Shadow to the text. It works very well but I notice one flaw: the text and drop shadow flicker at what I think is the same rate as the gif. It seems that they flicker whenever the gif starts over again. Any ideas on how to stop the flicker? Is it possible? My thanks in advance!

You must have a layer left over which isn't really part of the animation ('Background' or else). When you export a GIF animation, all layers are included, even those that are not visible.