RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Script error - how to fix?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Script error - how to fix? BristolGarry 10 Jan 21:23
  Script error - how to fix? Akkana Peck 10 Jan 21:58
  Script error - how to fix? Kevin Cozens 10 Jan 22:06
2017-01-10 21:23:28 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Hi Folks - I was trying to add the Sepia script into Gimp (2.8.18, operating on Ubuntu 16.10), and got the following error. I have NO idea what this means or how to fix it, but it seems that I cannot access any scripts at all, never mind just the sepia tone script. Has anyone else run across this, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Garry

Plug-in "script-fu" (/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu) attempted to register the menu item "/Filters/Combine" for procedure "script-fu-pandora-combine". The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a path. To make this work, pass just the menu's label to gimp_install_procedure().

Akkana Peck
2017-01-10 21:58:59 UTC (over 7 years ago)

BristolGarry writes:

Hi Folks - I was trying to add the Sepia script into Gimp (2.8.18, operating on Ubuntu 16.10), and got the following error. I have NO idea what this means or how to fix it, but it seems that I cannot access any scripts at all, never mind just the sepia tone script. Has anyone else run across this, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Garry

Plug-in "script-fu" (/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu) attempted to register the menu item "/Filters/Combine" for procedure "script-fu-pandora-combine".
The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a path. To make this work, pass just the menu's label to gimp_install_procedure().

I don't know where the Sepia script is and you don't say where you got it, so it's hard to tell for sure. But pandora-combine is my panorama helper, and it registers a menu item "/Filters/Combine". Perhaps you already had Pandora installed, and the Sepia script is registering a menu item at the same place? Though I thought GIMP could have multiple plug-ins and scripts registering duplicate menu items without an error message (which of course ends up being confusing to the user).

You could try editing pandora-combine.scm (which you'll probably find installed in your personal scripts directory, perhaps the same place you've been installing the sepia script) and changing the line _"/Filters/Combine") to
_"/Filters/Pandora")

and the line _"/Filters/Combine/Arrange as Panorama..." to
_"/Filters/Pandora/Arrange as Panorama..."

(in the version I have, these are lines 101 and 104, but you may have a different version). I should probably make this change to Pandora anyway, to make it more obvious which menu items it creates.

If that doesn't work, you could post more info on this sepia script and where it comes from, and then people could check to see if they see a similar error and whether it registers /Filters/Combine.

...Akkana

Kevin Cozens
2017-01-10 22:06:48 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On 17-01-10 04:23 PM, BristolGarry wrote:

Hi Folks - I was trying to add the Sepia script into Gimp (2.8.18, operating on Ubuntu 16.10), and got the following error. I have NO idea what this means or how to fix it,

[snip]

Plug-in "script-fu"
(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu) attempted to register the menu item "/Filters/Combine" for procedure "script-fu-pandora-combine".
The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a path. To make this work, pass just the menu's label to gimp_install_procedure().

It sounds like you have include a menu path in the script-fu-register call instead of setting the path for the menu in script-fu-menu-register.

In the script-fu-register block the first thing you specify is the name of the script function to be called. The second entry is the menu entry for script without any menu path.

You set the path by including a menu register call such as this:

(script-fu-menu-register "script-fu-pandora-combine" "/Filters/Combine")

Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include  |             --Chris Hardwick