RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Lost My User Profile

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Lost My User Profile GimUsr999 02 Jan 01:44
  Lost My User Profile Pat David 02 Jan 22:10
   Lost My User Profile GimUsr999 03 Jan 16:17
    Lost My User Profile gimp-users.mbourne@spamgourmet.com 12 Jan 22:29
2017-01-02 01:44:04 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Lost My User Profile

I have Gimp 2.8.16 installed. I had done some pretty extensive customizing, but then didnt get to use it much due to a long illness. Today I noticed at SourceForge, a program called Gimpshop and thought I'd look at it before getting back to Gimp. After realizing it was a dead end, I decided to uninstall it. It seemed to be installed in a different location, according to right clicking on the icon properties. So I thought I would be ok.

Nope, it wrecked all the setup work I had done in Gimp. I had a recent restore point, so I did that, but to no avail. Any Help?

Thanks

Running: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Gimp 2.8.16

Pat David
2017-01-02 22:10:01 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Lost My User Profile

Are the files in your recycle bin? Maybe you could restore them from there? On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 1:56 PM GimUsr999 wrote:

I have Gimp 2.8.16 installed. I had done some pretty extensive customizing, but
then didnt get to use it much due to a long illness. Today I noticed at SourceForge, a program called Gimpshop and thought I'd look at it before getting
back to Gimp. After realizing it was a dead end, I decided to uninstall it. It
seemed to be installed in a different location, according to right clicking on
the icon properties. So I thought I would be ok.

Nope, it wrecked all the setup work I had done in Gimp. I had a recent restore
point, so I did that, but to no avail. Any Help?

Thanks

Running: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Gimp 2.8.16

--
GimUsr999 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Pat David
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
2017-01-03 16:17:51 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Lost My User Profile

Are the files in your recycle bin? Maybe you could restore them from there?

No, there was nothing in recycle that I could see relating to gimp. (I also looked at all the HIDDEN files that no longer had their addresses, after being deleted.) Also, if they were available, it seems that the system restore would have used them. The restore point was created just before installing gimpshop.

Thanks

gimp-users.mbourne@spamgourmet.com
2017-01-12 22:29:11 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Lost My User Profile

GimUsr999 wrote:

Are the files in your recycle bin? Maybe you could restore them from there?

No, there was nothing in recycle that I could see relating to gimp. (I also looked at all the HIDDEN files that no longer had their addresses, after being deleted.) Also, if they were available, it seems that the system restore would have used them. The restore point was created just before installing gimpshop.

Windows' System Restore only restores things like device drivers and system configuration, not user application configurations. It provides some chance of recovering if the system fails to boot properly after updating Windows or device drivers, not a complete backup of your data.

You'll need to restore the .gimp-2.8 directory in your user profile folder from a previous backup (probably one from before installing gimpshop).

Mark.