RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

XP-PEN Tablet

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

XP-PEN Tablet djcslip 17 Dec 16:29
  XP-PEN Tablet BjoernML 17 Feb 11:18
   XP-PEN Tablet BjoernML 21 Feb 14:48
    XP-PEN Tablet Sam8 04 Nov 21:08
2016-12-17 16:29:15 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

XP-PEN Tablet

Hi,

Just purchased an XP-Pen STAR 03 tablet. Installed the drivers and can see the pressure (2048) change in the app that came with the tablet.

In GIMP 2.8(latest) > Configure Input devices. I can see the device as a "3 button stylus pen". If i leave the mode to disable then I can draw on a canvas (but no pressure sensitivity)

If i select screen or window then I can no longer draw on the canvas.. the cursor is no longer a circle/paintbrush (see second screengrab) as if the cursor is off the page..

Weird thing is.. 2.6 GIMP seems to work (after a fashion...)

2017-02-17 11:18:22 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

XP-PEN Tablet

Hi, had the same problem, but found a solution (and just registered here to brag about it... ;)).

The GIMP configuration is correct, i.e. change the tablet action from disabled to "screen". But Windows has a pen system setting which translates from German (sorry) roughly as pen and finger input. On the second tab "movements" you need to untick the movement box.

Then it should work fine. Please let me know your result.

Cheers, Björn

Hi,

Just purchased an XP-Pen STAR 03 tablet. Installed the drivers and can see the pressure (2048) change in the app that came with the tablet.

In GIMP 2.8(latest) > Configure Input devices. I can see the device as a "3 button stylus pen". If i leave the mode to disable then I can draw on a canvas (but no pressure sensitivity)

If i select screen or window then I can no longer draw on the canvas.. the cursor is no longer a circle/paintbrush (see second screengrab) as if the cursor is off the page..

Weird thing is.. 2.6 GIMP seems to work (after a fashion...)

2017-02-21 14:48:32 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

XP-PEN Tablet

Update 2017-02-21: seems to work in Win7, but not in Win10...

Hi, had the same problem, but found a solution (and just registered here to brag about it... ;)).

The GIMP configuration is correct, i.e. change the tablet action from disabled to "screen".
But Windows has a pen system setting which translates from German (sorry) roughly as pen and finger input. On the second tab "movements" you need to untick the movement box.

Then it should work fine. Please let me know your result.

Cheers, Björn

2019-11-04 21:08:37 UTC (over 4 years ago)
postings

XP-PEN Tablet

Update 2017-02-21: seems to work in Win7, but not in Win10...

IF you are still facing problems on Win10 (and future onlookers) you need to uninstall your driver and reinstall it. Its either this or you need to update your driver i had the exact same problem with my xp-pen star 06 wireless and this fixed my issue.

Sam8 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)