RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Texture creation date

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Texture creation date ShmooZ 08 Dec 12:34
  Texture creation date Steve Kinney 08 Dec 20:54
   Texture creation date ShmooZ 08 Dec 23:43
2016-12-08 12:34:19 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Texture creation date

Is there a way to find the date when a texture or mesh was created?

I'm using Gimp with DDS plugin and can view, edit and save textures just fine.

My problem is that I have about 20~25 texture packs and I would like to allow the most recent textures to replace the older.

It seems like there should be a way to find when textures or even meshes were created. If not Gimp, is there another app or tool that I could use?

Thank you

Steve Kinney
2016-12-08 20:54:59 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Texture creation date

On 12/08/2016 07:34 AM, ShmooZ wrote:

Is there a way to find the date when a texture or mesh was created?

I'm using Gimp with DDS plugin and can view, edit and save textures just fine.

My problem is that I have about 20~25 texture packs and I would like to allow the most recent textures to replace the older.

It seems like there should be a way to find when textures or even meshes were created. If not Gimp, is there another app or tool that I could use?

I would use the operating system's own file system browser to go into the directories where the GIMP keeps its configuration files, plugins, etc. and look for the files in a folder there (probably "patterns"). Then either look at the relevant files' creation dates, or sort the files by date, in the file system browser. Move or delete the unwanted ones and viola.

Where to find these folders varies from operating system to operating system, but you can find this by doing Edit > Preferences in the GIMP and examining the contents of the Folders item.

:o)

2016-12-08 23:43:40 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Texture creation date

I would use the operating system's own file system browser to go into the directories where the GIMP keeps its configuration files, plugins, etc. and look for the files in a folder there (probably "patterns"). Then either look at the relevant files' creation dates, or sort the files by date, in the file system browser. Move or delete the unwanted
ones and viola.

Where to find these folders varies from operating system to operating system, but you can find this by doing Edit > Preferences in the GIMP and examining the contents of the Folders item.

:o)

Wow, thank you SO much!