RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Brother HL-1430 brother-hl-1430

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

00ed01d2507b$34a0ab30$9de20... 07 Dec 15:31
  Brother HL-1430 brother-hl-1430 Gene Heskett 07 Dec 15:13
Gene Heskett
2016-12-07 15:13:23 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Brother HL-1430 brother-hl-1430

On Wednesday 07 December 2016 06:15:23 Andreas Rothbart wrote:

Hi,

are there any known issues about the Brother HL-1430 support? I tried to install it on my Raspi in vain. The printer is recognized, woken up from standby, but doesn't print!

Thanks for help! Andreas

Have you been to the Brother support site to search for linux drivers? I am running 2 Brother printers here, and both are running on Brother supplied drivers. Once properly installed, they show up and are selectable in the web based configuration you see when you send a browser to . OTOH, I haven't looked at that on the raspi I have. I should because I'll need to be able to print from it as I develop the software to drive a cnc'd lathe. I'll do that when I get to the garage where the machine is at. For some reason I can't run the chromium-browser from an ssh -Y login from here. "Can't open nouveau driver" which this machine uses. But it does draw the window outline, and I can click on its close button from here and it goes away clean.

FWIW, all my printers are either networked, or driven from this machine, so if you have x86 hardware to put the drivers into, and hook the printers up to the x86 machine, its generally a just works situation although you may have to go into the cups.conf file and enable browsing of your local network. Print jobs go thru this x86 machine the way I'm setup. IOW, this machine, even though the brother is networked, does the sharing. So this machine drives the networked printer. So the data path would be over the local network to this machine and rendered by the brother drivers here, and then fed back over the network to that printers address. Sounds complex, but cups handles it all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Genes Web page