RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Virtualize appliction ThinApp for GIMP 2.8.18 failed to launch

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Virtualize appliction ThinApp for GIMP 2.8.18 failed to launch Shriakant 02 Dec 09:44
  Virtualize appliction ThinApp for GIMP 2.8.18 failed to launch Ofnuts 02 Dec 20:57
2016-12-02 09:44:15 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I have created Virtualized ThinApp package for GIMP 2.8.18 but it get crash every time during shortcut launch with error popup as "Program has stopped working" (screen shot is attached)

I have tried the number solutions suggested on different forum for application crash issue with GIMP like delete the user profile C:\Users\username\.gimp2.8 etc… but none of It working for Virtualize package.

I would like to know, whether GIMP 2.8.18 support to Virtualize application ThinApp or not ?

Ofnuts
2016-12-02 20:57:49 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On 02/12/16 10:44, Shriakant wrote:

I have created Virtualized ThinApp package for GIMP 2.8.18 but it get crash every time during shortcut launch with error popup as "Program has stopped working" (screen shot is attached)

Try to start Gimp in verbose mode (--verbose command line parameter) and see if the console windows displays more information (stack trace, etc...).

I have tried the number solutions suggested on different forum for application crash issue with GIMP like delete the user profile C:\Users\username\.gimp2.8 etc… but none of It working for Virtualize package.

I would like to know, whether GIMP 2.8.18 support to Virtualize application ThinApp or not ?

I think you are looking at the problem from the wrong end. Gimp runs on millions of machines. If it doesn't run as a ThinApp, maybe the problem is with ThinApp. What are ThinApp's requirements? How does the ThinApp environment looks like for an application and what can be changed? Have you asked ThinApp support/forums?