RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Create PDB Inputs?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Create PDB Inputs? FierySwordswoman 10 Nov 23:54
FierySwordswoman
2016-11-10 23:54:03 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Create PDB Inputs?

In Python scripting you can use PF_XXX parameters in the register() function to generate a settings window, but these are pretty limited. I've made my own UI constructor to meet my needs.

So, because of this I only use PF_IMAGE and PF_DRAWABLE. However, this means the only parameters that can be input into the plugin's PDB function is the image/layer. I've set up a value-check system so the plugin can run in 'non-interactive', but because of the lack of PDB support I'd have to import the plugin's class from the actual file and call it's main(). How would I add inputs to my plugin as it's seen in the PDB without creating a GUI? The gimpenums module clearly has things such as PDB_INT32, but they don't seem to help.

I know you can use a gimpplugin.plugin class instead of the gimpfu register() function for more complex operations, but I've found absolutely no documentation on how to do that.