RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Glitch: display is too small

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Glitch: display is too small Mikari 09 Nov 04:54
  Glitch: display is too small Alexandre Prokoudine 09 Nov 18:17
   Glitch: display is too small Rick Strong 09 Nov 22:59
   Glitch: display is too small Mikari 10 Nov 03:11
    Glitch: display is too small dhrisrael 17 Dec 08:48
     Glitch: display is too small dhrisrael 17 Dec 09:13
      Glitch: display is too small Ofnuts 17 Dec 14:11
2016-11-09 04:54:37 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I've been trying to fix this for a while now, Gimp displays everything too small. I've tried switching the theme in the preferences, changing the resolution, magnifying the display and reinstalling, but nothing works. I'm using a Surface Pro 4. When I move the mouse over a Gimp window it gets smaller too, but it's normal if it's on the desktop area, even with Gimp open. The program works fine on my Asus but I can't use it on the SP4 with such a tiny size for the tool and mouse.

Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-11-09 18:17:18 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Mikari wrote:

I've been trying to fix this for a while now, Gimp displays everything too small. I've tried switching the theme in the preferences, changing the resolution, magnifying the display and reinstalling, but nothing works. I'm using a Surface Pro 4.

There you are. At 2736 x 1824 resolution you _will_ run into problems with GIMP.

A partial solution is to install a new theme from https://bitbucket.org/paynekj/paynekj-gimp-scripts/src/2e8e87faf5eaaf6036e0d8b68ff9f6f37a3f0421/themes/?at=default. Either Color-32.7z or Color-48.7z should do.

Alex

Rick Strong
2016-11-09 22:59:20 UTC (over 7 years ago)

"7z" is a compression program like Win Zip. Google "7z" to get a free copy so you can access the theme files mentioned by Alexandre, below.

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Alexandre Prokoudine
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 1:17 PM To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Glitch: display is too small

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Mikari wrote:

I've been trying to fix this for a while now, Gimp displays everything too small. I've tried switching the theme in the preferences, changing the resolution, magnifying the display and reinstalling, but nothing works. I'm
using a Surface Pro 4.

There you are. At 2736 x 1824 resolution you _will_ run into problems with GIMP.

A partial solution is to install a new theme from https://bitbucket.org/paynekj/paynekj-gimp-scripts/src/2e8e87faf5eaaf6036e0d8b68ff9f6f37a3f0421/themes/?at=default. Either Color-32.7z or Color-48.7z should do.

Alex

2016-11-10 03:11:04 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Changing the resolution doesn't change much like I hoped it would. Everything stays small on gimp even if it's big everywhere else. Do I just put the folder in the themes as is? I must be missing something because selecting it in preferences isn't changing anything.

Alex

2016-12-17 08:48:06 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Changing the resolution doesn't change much like I hoped it would. Everything stays small on gimp even if it's big everywhere else. Do I just put the folder in the themes as is? I must be missing something because selecting it in preferences isn't changing anything.

I cannot see the Tool Box icons they are SUPER tiny. I've changed display settings and I've added several themes but none affect the tiny icons. It is unworkable like this. Any help greatly appreciated.

2016-12-17 09:13:18 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I cannot see the Tool Box icons they are SUPER tiny. I've changed display settings and I've added several themes but none affect the tiny icons. It is unworkable like this. Any help greatly appreciated.

OK so I had to go to 1280 X 768 screen resolution. Everything is huge, but at least I can now see the icons. I also clicked on "override application settings" in the display settings menu, but I really don't know if that also had to be done.

Ofnuts
2016-12-17 14:11:42 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On 17/12/16 10:13, dhrisrael wrote:

OK so I had to go to 1280 X 768 screen resolution. Everything is huge, but at least I can now see the icons. I also clicked on "override application settings" in the display settings menu, but I really don't know if that also had to be done.

http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-GIMP-2-8-Large-size-Icons-Themes