RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Renamed again

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Renamed again Debra Freeman 28 Oct 01:28
  Renamed again Mark Morin 28 Oct 02:50
  Renamed again Rick Strong 28 Oct 02:54
Debra Freeman
2016-10-28 01:28:26 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Renamed again

Today's Topics:

hello i have had this issue before an changing the name helped, i have never had any issues with Gimp ever in all the years i have been using it, i just would like to know do i have to keep renaming it in order to use it correctly. because now i have like three gimp files in my windows file, once again JPEG its really annoying when you are in a project and have to restart and restart. HELP ME: 2. Re: GIMP automatically associates with JPEG (Mark Morin)

1. help (Debra Freeman) 2. Re: GIMP automatically associates with JPEG (Mark Morin) 3. Re: Making settings persistent in GIMP (Rick Strong) 4. Re: [Bug 771949] problem in Safari (ugajin)

Mark Morin
2016-10-28 02:50:04 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Renamed again

as far as #2 file associations--

In Windows, right click on a file with the extension you want to associate with something (.jpg, .gif, .png, etc.) and select properties. Up at the top there's an "opens with" section. Clicking "change" will bring up a list of programs you can pick from. If the program you want isn't listed, there's an option to search your PC for the application. Find the executable for that program and select it.

In linux, the specifics may vary according to distro and what file explorer you are using. In Fedora, using nemo, right click on the file, select properties. At the top of the window there are three buttons, select "open with." Then select the application you want or browse to the executable.

I'm assuming that the process is similar if you are using an apple or mac.

By "three gimp files in my windows file" do you mean links to run three different versions? If so, unless there's some reason why you need multiple versions, delete the ones you do not want. Running multiple versions *may* contribute to settings sticking (IIRC all versions use the same user profile). When in doubt rename your user profile (c:\users\username\.gimp2-x) it will get rebuilt when you run gimp again.

m

On 10/27/2016 9:28 PM, Debra Freeman wrote:

Today's Topics:

hello i have had this issue before an changing the name helped, i have never had any issues with Gimp ever in all the years i have been using it, i just would like to know do i have to keep renaming it in order to use it correctly. because now i have like three gimp files in my windows file, once again JPEG its really annoying when you are in a project and have to restart and restart. HELP ME: 2. Re: GIMP automatically associates with JPEG (Mark Morin)

1. help (Debra Freeman) 2. Re: GIMP automatically associates with JPEG (Mark Morin) 3. Re: Making settings persistent in GIMP (Rick Strong) 4. Re: [Bug 771949] problem in Safari (ugajin) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Rick Strong
2016-10-28 02:54:58 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Renamed again

Hi Debra,

You have mentioned my name so I'll respond: - What platform are you on (Win, Mac, Linux, other)? - What version of GIMP are you using? - What is the problem?

Cheers, Rick

-----Original Message----- From: Debra Freeman
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:28 PM To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: [Gimp-user] Renamed again

Today's Topics:

1. help (Debra Freeman) 2. Re: GIMP automatically associates with JPEG (Mark Morin) 3. Re: Making settings persistent in GIMP (Rick Strong) 4. Re: [Bug 771949] problem in Safari (ugajin)