RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Luminosity Masks

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Luminosity Masks Andrew Clarke 26 Oct 08:17
Andrew Clarke
2016-10-26 08:17:12 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Luminosity Masks

OSX GIMP 2.8.14 - http://gimp.lisanet.de

If I apply a luminosity mask to an image by selecting a RGB channel(from a layer that has been desatuarated via luminosity) with any of red, green or blue channels as the mask, if I then go on to adjust by curves (*value*) I get a shift in colour, as you would expect if you where using red,green or blue separately in curves not by value.

Alternatively if I create a new layer desaturated to luminosity as you would before, but then drag that *layer* to the channel dialog box,then apply that new channel as a layer mask, I get the expected adjustment using curves(value) that it does not shift the colour.

Also if I apply a mask from a RGB channel, then remove that mask and layer, also delete the dragged channel, add a new layer I cannot desaturate that new layer as it maintains colour. If I do the same with the original layer (opened image) you can desaturate that original layer.

Thanks Andrew