RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to stop a filter from running

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to stop a filter from running Rick Strong 21 Oct 18:38
  How to stop a filter from running Rick Strong 21 Oct 21:23
   How to stop a filter from running Liam R. E. Quin 24 Oct 06:28
    How to stop a filter from running Rick Strong 24 Oct 17:57
Rick Strong
2016-10-21 18:38:02 UTC (over 7 years ago)

I applied a filter to an image (perspective)—it did nothing. I then applied another filter to the same image and a warning msg came up saying I couldn’t run the second filter because the first one was still running.

How do I turn off the first filter?

Rick S.

Rick Strong
2016-10-21 21:23:11 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Never mind. I found it.
A little blinking Wilber appears on my program bar at the bottom of my screen when I activate a filter. Clicking on *that* pops up the filter options dialogue with an option to cancel. Too bad the filter options dialogue doesn't open automatically beside where you are working.

RS

-----Original Message----- From: Rick Strong
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 2:38 PM To: GIMP User List
Subject: [Gimp-user] How to stop a filter from running

I applied a filter to an image (perspective)—it did nothing. I then applied another filter to the same image and a warning msg came up saying I couldn’t run the second filter because the first one was still running.

How do I turn off the first filter?

Rick S.

Liam R. E. Quin
2016-10-24 06:28:53 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 17:23 -0400, Rick Strong wrote:

Too bad the filter
options 
dialogue doesn't open automatically beside where you are working.

They do here. Is this under Linux? Which window manager / desktop environment? The GIMp that came with the distribution? Which version? Which distribution? Is this Ubuntu with Unity?

Most often when people forget to mention their operating system it's either Windows or Mac :) but GIMP is developed and tested primarily on Linux systems.

Also, you could try "single window mode" (from GIMp's Windows menu) and see if that helps. It may also depend on the specific filter you're running.

Liam

Rick Strong
2016-10-24 17:57:29 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Win 7, SP1. GIMP 2.8.16. Same result in single- or multi-window; Perspective or Drop Shadow: Blinking Wilber icon comes up first down at the bottom of my screen, then the dialogue opens up after clicking on Blinking Wilber.

Not to worry. Now I know how it works on my system, I can use it productively. {8>)

Thanks,
Rick

-----Original Message----- From: Liam R. E. Quin
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 2:28 AM To: Rick Strong ; GIMP User List
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] How to stop a filter from running

On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 17:23 -0400, Rick Strong wrote:

Too bad the filter
options
dialogue doesn't open automatically beside where you are working.

They do here. Is this under Linux? Which window manager / desktop environment? The GIMp that came with the distribution? Which version? Which distribution? Is this Ubuntu with Unity?

Most often when people forget to mention their operating system it's either Windows or Mac :) but GIMP is developed and tested primarily on Linux systems.

Also, you could try "single window mode" (from GIMp's Windows menu) and see if that helps. It may also depend on the specific filter you're running.

Liam