RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

None

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

None Jacob Jennings 27 Nov 00:10
  None Sven Neumann 27 Nov 13:18
None Jacob Jennings 28 Nov 04:06
  None Sven Neumann 28 Nov 12:21
Jacob Jennings
2004-11-27 00:10:37 UTC (over 19 years ago)

None

Hello everyone. I am trying to compile the gimp 2.2 pre-release 2 on Debian 3.1 with all of the necessary and optional libraries installed. This is the error message i get after having a successful './configure' and have begun 'make':
/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-csource --raw --build-list `cat stock-icons.list` > gimp-stock-pixbufs.h failed to load "./stock-cap-butt-16.png": Couldn't recognize theimage file format for file './stock-cap-butt-16.png'
make[5]: *** [gimp-stock-pixbufs.h] Error 1

Any kind of insight would be appreciated, thank you.

Sven Neumann
2004-11-27 13:18:34 UTC (over 19 years ago)

None

Hi,

Jacob Jennings writes:

Hello everyone. I am trying to compile the gimp 2.2 pre-release 2 on Debian 3.1 with all of the necessary and optional libraries installed. This is the error message i get after having a successful './configure' and have begun 'make':
/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-csource --raw --build-list `cat stock-icons.list` > gimp-stock-pixbufs.h failed to load "./stock-cap-butt-16.png": Couldn't recognize theimage file format for file './stock-cap-butt-16.png'
make[5]: *** [gimp-stock-pixbufs.h] Error 1

Looks like a broken gdk-pixbuf installation. Is there a PNG loader in /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/ and does /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders list it?

Sven

Jacob Jennings
2004-11-28 04:06:13 UTC (over 19 years ago)

None

Yes it is in /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders however it is not listed in /etc/gtk-2.0/gdkpixbuf.loaders. It says not to edit the file. Any idea of what I shoud do about it?

Sven Neumann
2004-11-28 12:21:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

None

Hi,

Jacob Jennings writes:

Yes it is in /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders however it is not listed in /etc/gtk-2.0/gdkpixbuf.loaders. It says not to edit the file. Any idea of what I shoud do about it?

I wonder why your gtk+ installation is so terribly messed up. Anyway, if you want to fix this, you can regenerate gdkpixbuf.loaders using gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders. Please refer to the manpage for details.

Sven