RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Is it possible to save layer effects

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Is it possible to save layer effects calcat 20 Oct 19:19
  Is it possible to save layer effects Ofnuts 20 Oct 23:08
2016-10-20 19:19:49 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I'm using Linux exclusively. I'm learning GIMP again and am really happy with the layer FX and other filters, especially. GIMP is great depth.

I have Photoshop Elements 10, can't get it to work properly in Wine or Crossover (type tool issues, porting over other .asl files, opening some .psd files but not others). I prefer not to use it in Windows, which I could boot into, because it's... Windows HA!

In GIMP, is there any way at all to save layer effects that I've used, so that I can use them again? It's something that I often have need of. Currently, I'm creating a text file, for each instance, that lists settings for bevel, drop shadow, colour, etc. It would be great if there were a work-around for this.

From my reading I've learned that there isn't a macro-recorder sort of thing, and I'm not sure if a script would work, even if I were able to create something like that at this point.

I've done a lot of searching, and finally decided to go to the source :)

TIA,

Ofnuts
2016-10-20 23:08:27 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On 20/10/16 21:19, calcat wrote:

From my reading I've learned that there isn't a macro-recorder sort of thing, and I'm not sure if a script would work, even if I were able to create something like that at this point.

A script would very likely work.