RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Alpha mode

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Alpha mode Pippi 15 Oct 19:25
  Alpha mode Steve Kinney 17 Oct 18:57
  Alpha mode Ofnuts 18 Oct 12:24
2016-10-15 19:25:57 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Alpha mode

I'm a beginner and usually use Gimp to change jpg's to png's. When I tried to change the attached image, I had some leftover white. I inverted image> changed to alpha channel>fuzzy select> cut. I cannot fuzzy select all the little detailed white sections, that were leftover. Is there something different I can do, to get the entire image transparent?

Steve Kinney
2016-10-17 18:57:45 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Alpha mode

On 10/15/2016 03:25 PM, Pippi wrote:

I'm a beginner and usually use Gimp to change jpg's to png's. When I tried to change the attached image, I had some leftover white. I inverted image> changed to alpha channel>fuzzy select> cut. I cannot fuzzy select all the little detailed white sections, that were leftover.
Is there something different I can do, to get the entire image transparent?

That sounds like a simple problem, but the intended attachment did not make it through and that makes it hard to tell exactly what the problem is. Try again?

:o)

Ofnuts
2016-10-18 12:24:11 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Alpha mode

On 15/10/16 21:25, Pippi wrote:

I'm a beginner and usually use Gimp to change jpg's to png's. When I tried to change the attached image, I had some leftover white. I inverted image> changed to alpha channel>fuzzy select> cut. I cannot fuzzy select all the little detailed white sections, that were leftover.
Is there something different I can do, to get the entire image transparent?

Use Color->Color to alpha and remove the white. if parts of the subject become partially transparent, use a selection to exclude them.