RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to import fotos ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to import fotos ? Michael 09 Oct 15:31
  How to import fotos ? Ofnuts 12 Oct 20:04
   How to import fotos ? Steve Kinney 10 Dec 22:27
Michael
2016-10-09 15:31:25 UTC (over 7 years ago)

How to import fotos ?

Hi there,

I downloaded the GIMP software for my iMac, but have so far been unable to import my fotos from Apple's Foto application. I miss the function to open the Foto App in order to import the fotos I want to work on. Instead GIMP only asks to open a file.

Does anybody know how to import fotos from an iMac into GIMP.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Kind regards, Michael

Ofnuts
2016-10-12 20:04:27 UTC (over 7 years ago)

How to import fotos ?

On 09/10/16 17:31, Michael wrote:

Hi there,

I downloaded the GIMP software for my iMac, but have so far been unable to import my fotos from Apple's Foto application. I miss the function to open the Foto App in order to import the fotos I want to work on. Instead GIMP only asks to open a file.

Did you try drag and drop?

Don't underestimate "files". They are a warranty of interoperability. With other people. And with your future self, should you decide to change machines and/or operating systems. Those who try to remove the files from your grasp are trying to lock you in.

Steve Kinney
2016-12-10 22:27:26 UTC (over 7 years ago)

How to import fotos ?

On 10/12/2016 04:04 PM, Ofnuts wrote:

On 09/10/16 17:31, Michael wrote:

Hi there,

Did you try drag and drop?

Don't underestimate "files". They are a warranty of interoperability. With other people. And with your future self, should you decide to change machines and/or operating systems. Those who try to remove the files from your grasp are trying to lock you in.

+1

Vendor lock-in is more than just a good idea, it's company policy at Apple. Of course, that's "good idea" from the perspective of Apple, not Apple's customers who might want to use Free software, plug in inexpensive generic hardware, etc.

This seems a likely answer to where the pictures went:

http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/30/where-iphoto-pictures-are-located/

:o)