RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

open .png shows a checkered background

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

open .png shows a checkered background moderation 30 Sep 03:37
  open .png shows a checkered background moderation 30 Sep 03:48
   open .png shows a checkered background moderation 30 Sep 03:56
2016-09-30 03:37:32 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

hi when i open a .png file that has a white background it shows the pic with a checkered background in gimp. this is not normal for the program when opening .png or other pic formats. what causes this and how can i add a background? thanks.

2016-09-30 03:48:16 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

i forgot to mention a few other points. when i preview the .png image before i open it in gimp it show a small pic and it has the checkered background

when the pic in opened in gimp and i add a new layer and set the foreground and background color to white then select all in the new layer and use the paint bucket to fill it with color it makes the new layer black. even when white is chosen for both the foreground and background color. then if i choose to us the paint brush on the new black layer and again choose white nothing shows as i paint. i think it's painting black over black. strange. what would cause all this?

2016-09-30 03:56:55 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

ah figured it out. indexed.