RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Paint tools locked up in Gimp 2.9

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Paint tools locked up in Gimp 2.9 dallypost 29 Sep 18:01
  Paint tools locked up in Gimp 2.9 Alexandre Prokoudine 02 Oct 18:46
2016-09-29 18:01:40 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I am doing a rather involved layer blending project. I decided to go with gimp 2.9.5 to take advantage of the extra color depth. I completed the project and saved as an XCF file. Later I reopened and tried to paint on the layer masks to do a bit of fine tuning. Brush, Pencil, Airbrush and Bucket fill are having no effect on layer masks or the layers themselves. I checked to make sure that I did not have an active but hidden selection, that pixels were not locked, that transparency was not protected.

I tried opening a new image and discovered that the paint tools are also locked up for that image as well. I am at a complete loss. Any ideas?

Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-10-02 18:46:54 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 9:01 PM, dallypost wrote:

I am doing a rather involved layer blending project. I decided to go with gimp 2.9.5 to take advantage of the extra color depth. I completed the project and saved as an XCF file. Later I reopened and tried to paint on the layer masks to do a bit of fine tuning. Brush, Pencil, Airbrush and Bucket fill are having no effect on layer masks or the layers themselves. I checked to make sure that I did not have an active but hidden selection, that pixels were not locked, that transparency was not protected.

I tried opening a new image and discovered that the paint tools are also locked up for that image as well. I am at a complete loss. Any ideas?

The first two things I would do is:

1. Check brush tools' settings like blend mode and opacity. 2. Check foreground color.

Alex