RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Keyboard shortcuts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

83f31442-fb90-a5e7-294c-42e... 26 Sep 07:45
  Keyboard shortcuts Owen Cook 26 Sep 05:06
Owen Cook
2016-09-26 05:06:24 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Keyboard shortcuts

On 09/25/2016 04:58 PM, Owen Cook wrote:

I love this list, have followed it for years, though most is way over my head, I'm a 73 year old female GIMP lover!

I do a lot of photo editing, and like to change tools rapidly, and want to learn the keyboard shortcuts. Right now when I mouse over a tool in the tool box, the pop-up shortcut is white on gray and I can hardly read it. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks from Judy in Belize!

Probably the easiest thing to do is to go to 'Edit->Keyboard shortcuts' and write down the ones you think you will mostly use.

You will get familiar with them very quickly

Owen

Hi Owen - That's a good suggestion, and I did that, but all there say Diabled. What do I do? Or do I ask my geek husband? :-D I did change the Colors and I can see them now, white on black, and I could write them down from there. Good idea. Thanks, Judy

Hi Judy,

Start by going to Edit->Preferences->Interface and perhaps reset the shortcuts in case you have done something obscure with them.

Then go back to Edit->Keyboard shortcuts, and then look at the very left of the dialog and you will see a "+"

Click on that and see what is there.

Owen