RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Keyboard shortcuts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Contrast inadequate with tool descriptions Judy Wilson 24 Sep 23:05
  Contrast inadequate with tool descriptions Jan Kandziora 25 Sep 00:46
   Contrast inadequate with tool descriptions Judy Wilson 25 Sep 03:20
  Keyboard shortcuts Owen Cook 25 Sep 22:58
Judy Wilson
2016-09-24 23:05:49 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Contrast inadequate with tool descriptions

I love this list, have followed it for years, though most is way over my head, I'm a 73 year old female GIMP lover!

I do a lot of photo editing, and like to change tools rapidly, and want to learn the keyboard shortcuts. Right now when I mouse over a tool in the tool box, the pop-up shortcut is white on gray and I can hardly read it. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks from Judy in Belize!

Jan Kandziora
2016-09-25 00:46:10 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Am 25.09.2016 um 01:05 schrieb Judy Wilson:

I love this list, have followed it for years, though most is way over my head, I'm a 73 year old female GIMP lover!

I do a lot of photo editing, and like to change tools rapidly, and want to learn the keyboard shortcuts. Right now when I mouse over a tool in the tool box, the pop-up shortcut is white on gray and I can hardly read it. Is there a way to change this?

Colors and size of the tools are controlled by the theme selected. You can change the theme in Edit->Preferences->Theme.

If there isn't any theme but the default one, you have to install additional themes. How to do that depends on the operating system of your computer. Which one do you use?

Kind regards

Jan

Judy Wilson
2016-09-25 03:20:29 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On 09/24/2016 06:46 PM, Jan Kandziora wrote:

Am 25.09.2016 um 01:05 schrieb Judy Wilson:

Colors and size of the tools are controlled by the theme selected. You can change the theme in Edit->Preferences->Theme.

If there isn't any theme but the default one, you have to install additional themes. How to do that depends on the operating system of your computer. Which one do you use?

Kind regards

Jan

Thanks, got what I need. Just changed something in Colors in my System Settings. Now I am happy! And thanks Jan, my husband is named Jan!

Judy

Owen Cook
2016-09-25 22:58:37 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Keyboard shortcuts

Thanks from Judy in Belize!

Probably the easiest thing to do is to go to 'Edit->Keyboard shortcuts' and write down the ones you think you will mostly use.

You will get familiar with them very quickly

Owen