RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Restoring Faded Slides

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Restoring Faded Slides geoff 25 Aug 10:34
  Restoring Faded Slides programmer_ceds 30 Aug 15:16
2016-08-25 10:34:17 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Restoring Faded Slides

Several years ago I wrote a gimp plug-in for automatically restoring images from scanned colour slides or prints that had faded or acquired a colour cast with age. Several people contacted me saying they found it useful. I have now produced a new version which I believe works better. The plug-in software and a document with technical details and examples can be downloaded from www.lionhouse.plus.com/photosoftware/restore/. The old version has been renamed Restore1 and the new version is Restore2. Although it will not be of direct interest to GIMP users there is also a stand-alone python version.

2016-08-30 15:16:16 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Restoring Faded Slides

Several years ago I wrote a gimp plug-in for automatically restoring images from scanned colour slides or prints that had faded or acquired a colour cast with age. Several people contacted me saying they found it useful. I have now produced a new version which I believe works better. The plug-in software and a document with technical details and examples can be downloaded from
www.lionhouse.plus.com/photosoftware/restore/. The old version has been renamed Restore1 and the new version is Restore2. Although it will not be of direct interest to GIMP users there is also a stand-alone python version.

Hi Geoff,
I have been trying your filter on some scanned negatives and the results look very promising (partly I need to refine my scanning set-up)

Two comments though.

Firstly when trying to run the script it fails as it can't find the debug folder that you have on your system - I have created a temporary folder on my (Windows 7) PC and edited the script to use this - but it might be better if debug was disabled by default so the average user didn't have to bother about this. (A similar situation applies to the folder for saving the options if this is selected).

Secondly, and this is just a personal preference, I have moved the filter so that it appears in "Filters/Enhance/" as Restore3, rather than adding an entry to the menu bar.

Thanks for the script.