RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp closes when opening new images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp closes when opening new images Starbucked 21 Jun 00:52
  gimp closes when opening new images Steve Kinney 23 Jun 17:19
2016-06-21 00:52:48 UTC (almost 8 years ago)
postings

I have been having this issue for a while now.... I will open gimp and try to open an image (.png,.jpg, .tga, etc) and it will close while opening the image.

I have updated gimp, renamed the user file, removed it, removed some of the patterns and brushes (bcz I know I use alot of them) and sometimes that helps but now always.

HELP ME PLEASE!! I use gimp regularly and it is really important for me.

Thank You

Steve Kinney
2016-06-23 17:19:58 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

On 06/20/2016 08:52 PM, Starbucked wrote:

I have been having this issue for a while now.... I will open gimp and try to open an image (.png,.jpg, .tga, etc) and it will close while opening the image.

I have updated gimp, renamed the user file, removed it, removed some of the patterns and brushes (bcz I know I use alot of them) and sometimes that helps but now always.

HELP ME PLEASE!! I use gimp regularly and it is really important for me.

I probably can't help with a final solution, but those who can will need to know what operating system you are using, and which exact version of the GIMP (do Help > About to get the version number). It may also be useful to know exactly where you have downloaded the GIMP from.

:o)