RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Shared entity for Tablet and Mouse

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Shared entity for Tablet and Mouse Battle 13 May 12:48
  Shared entity for Tablet and Mouse Ofnuts 15 May 10:29
   Shared entity for Tablet and Mouse Richard 15 May 16:16
    Shared entity for Tablet and Mouse Battle 16 May 18:52
2016-05-13 12:48:46 UTC (almost 8 years ago)
postings

Hello

This is a feature we might all know of, and for me it felt like a huge disappointing bug. It enrages me every time because it is still possible, but in a horrible way. I need the tablet mostly for pressurized painting and using a pen to do so. Sadly, I can disconnect the tablet from gimp, but the pressure feature will be gone too. Also remember "Window Mode", which will absolutely prevent adjusting options in full screen mode with the pen.

So please, create an option to share all settings across all devices. It allows people - who are maybe not fully engaged into the use of tablets - to use gimp as they prefer. Maybe there is a solution for that already, an extension, plugin or script. I would be grateful, if you could redirect me to those, if they exist, as I couldn't find those solutions.

Greetings

Ofnuts
2016-05-15 10:29:56 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

On 13/05/16 14:48, Battle wrote:

Hello

This is a feature we might all know of, and for me it felt like a huge disappointing bug. It enrages me every time because it is still possible, but in a horrible way. I need the tablet mostly for pressurized painting and using a pen to do so. Sadly, I can disconnect the tablet from gimp, but the pressure feature will be gone too. Also remember "Window Mode", which will absolutely prevent adjusting options in full screen mode with the pen.

So please, create an option to share all settings across all devices. It allows people - who are maybe not fully engaged into the use of tablets - to use gimp as they prefer. Maybe there is a solution for that already, an extension, plugin or script. I would be grateful, if you could redirect me to those, if they exist, as I couldn't find those solutions.

Greetings

What is not covered by Edit preferences>Tool options>Paint options shared between tools?

Richard
2016-05-15 16:16:01 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 12:29:56 +0200 Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Shared entity for Tablet and Mouse

What is not covered by Edit preferences>Tool options>Paint options shared between tools?

Sharing the same tool between all input devices (or at least between core pointer + tablet stylus).

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

2016-05-16 18:52:31 UTC (almost 8 years ago)
postings

Sharing the same tool between all input devices (or at least between core pointer + tablet stylus).

That shares settings in-between those tools, not in-between devices (like mouse, tablet). Such an option for devices would be exactly what I would like to have, which basically just reverts a feature.