RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem with Crashing after adding more brushes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

1072047327.6938042.14622419... 03 May 02:19
  Problem with Crashing after adding more brushes Wentlyana Brôtelîn 03 May 02:19
   Problem with Crashing after adding more brushes Ofnuts 03 May 07:05
   Problem with Crashing after adding more brushes Patrick Shanahan 03 May 13:37
    Problem with Crashing after adding more brushes Michael Natterer 03 May 15:05
Wentlyana Brôtelîn
2016-05-03 02:19:13 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

I have GIMP version 2.8.10 on my laptop running Windows 10I have been trying to add more brushes, however, when I do either GIMP won't completely load (usually at the point where it is updating tag cache) or when I go to start a NEW project it comes up that it has stopped working and Windows is checking for solutions and then shuts down.  If I remove the brushes from the GIMP brushes folder it works again. I just don't understand why it would keep crashing. I hope you may have heard of this previously and might know of a solution. Thanks.

Ofnuts
2016-05-03 07:05:43 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

On 03/05/16 04:19, Wentlyana Brôtelîn wrote:

I have GIMP version 2.8.10 on my laptop running Windows 10I have been trying to add more brushes, however, when I do either GIMP won't completely load (usually at the point where it is updating tag cache) or when I go to start a NEW project it comes up that it has stopped working and Windows is checking for solutions and then shuts down. If I remove the brushes from the GIMP brushes folder it works again. I just don't understand why it would keep crashing. I hope you may have heard of this previously and might know of a solution. Thanks.

How many brushes did you add?

Patrick Shanahan
2016-05-03 13:37:56 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

* Wentlyana Brteln [05-03-16 09:33]:

I have GIMP version 2.8.10 on my laptop running Windows 10I have been trying to add more brushes, however, when I do either GIMP won't completely load (usually at the point where it is updating tag cache) or when I go to start a NEW project it comes up that it has stopped working and Windows is checking for solutions and then shuts down. If I remove the brushes from the GIMP brushes folder it works again. I just don't understand why it would keep crashing. I hope you may have heard of this previously and might know of a solution. Thanks.

just a guess, perhaps you have a bad brush. Try removing half, if doesn't crash, add another 1/4 (half of what is left) until you determine which is bad.

(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
http://wahoo.no-ip.org        Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Michael Natterer
2016-05-03 15:05:22 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

On Tue, 2016-05-03 at 09:37 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Wentlyana Brôtelîn [05-03-16 09:33]:

I have GIMP version 2.8.10 on my laptop running Windows 10I have been trying to add more brushes, however, when I do either GIMP won't completely load (usually at the point where it is updating tag cache) or when I go to start a NEW project it comes up that it has stopped working and Windows is checking for solutions and then shuts down. 
If I remove the brushes from the GIMP brushes folder it works again. I just don't understand why it would keep crashing. I hope you may have heard of this previously and might know of a solution.
Thanks.

just a guess, perhaps you have a bad brush.  Try removing half, if doesn't
crash, add another 1/4 (half of what is left) until you determine which is
bad.  

And when you have found the bad brush, please open a bug and attach the brush file so the crash can be fixed.

Regards, --Mitch