RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Working with images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Working with images Deborah Bates 23 Apr 23:13
  Working with images Ofnuts 24 Apr 08:37
Deborah Bates
2016-04-23 23:13:41 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Working with images

I'm new to Gimp and not familiar with some of the terminology, so please keep that in mind with your responses. I have an image of a diamond that I have scaled from 100% to 50%. I want to duplicate that image side by side all over the screen to use as a background. What is the best way to do that? Thanks so much for your help!

Ofnuts
2016-04-24 08:37:08 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Working with images

On 24/04/16 01:13, Deborah Bates wrote:

I'm new to Gimp and not familiar with some of the terminology, so please keep that in mind with your responses. I have an image of a diamond that I have scaled from 100% to 50%. I want to duplicate that image side by side all over the screen to use as a background. What is the best way to do that? Thanks so much for your help! _______________________________________________

You don't need Gimp for this, "tiling" the image is usually an option for wallpaper settings.

Otherwise:

- Open you image in Gimp - File>New and create an image the size of your screen - In the Diamond Image: "Select>All" and "Edit>Copy" - Back to the new Image
- Select the "Bucket FIll" tool
- Go to the Tool options dialog (normally visible, otherwise Windows>Dockable dialogs>Tool options) - Select "File type>Pattern fill"
- Click on the pattern icon right next to it - Select the first pattern in your list (it should be called "Clipboard") - Click on your wallpaper image
- File>Export the image