RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[Fwd: Re: GIMP, .pdf, and threshold]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[Fwd: Re: GIMP, .pdf, and threshold] m.roth@5-cent.us 12 Apr 17:33
m.roth@5-cent.us
2016-04-12 17:33:32 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

[Fwd: Re: GIMP, .pdf, and threshold]

Hi, Tobias,

---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------- From: m.roth@5-cent.us
To: "Tobias Jakobs"
Cc: "gimp-user-list@gnome.org" --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tobias Jakobs wrote:

2016-04-11 16:40 GMT+02:00 :

Doing that with these scans, nada. No useful changes, and threshold does nothing.

Clues for the poor?

No, but could you perhaps upload on of the PDFs so that at least someone with an old Gimp 2.6 has the chance to reproduce the problem.

Well... I have a friend here at work who thought he could do it, but Photoshop? Acrobat Pro? Anyway, it came in as an image, not as text, is what he told me, so.... I suppose I'm willing to upload the document... but it's over 2M, and 18 pages or so. Were you suggesting I could to that to this list, or direct to you, or...?

I think I mentioned that when my friend used the scanner "across the hall, labelled as 'better for OCR', I could extract with few problems (other than having to do each of the 17 pages one by one....).

mark