RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Web Page PDF

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Web Page PDF Molecular Synergy 26 Mar 01:05
  Web Page PDF Liam R. E. Quin 26 Mar 03:25
Molecular Synergy
2016-03-26 01:05:51 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Web Page PDF

Hello,

I have a PSD Photoshop template that I'm editing, and my goal is to have a PDF based web page that has hyperlinks. I think the way to do this in GIMP is with an Image Map. When I tried making an Image Map, (and from the tutorial videos) the output is an HTML file. I tried saving as a PDF, but the resulting file didn't open.

The only way I can think of to get it to work is to open the HTML file in LibreOffice, then export it as a PDF.

Anyone else have a better way to do this?

Mathew
Liam R. E. Quin
2016-03-26 03:25:11 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Web Page PDF

On Sat, 2016-03-26 at 02:05 +0100, Molecular Synergy wrote:

Hello,

I have a PSD Photoshop template that I'm editing, and my goal is to have a PDF based web page that has hyperlinks.

Use inkscape to assemple the template.

In most cases PhotoShop templates for Web pages are really really sucky for the developers tasked with implementing the design, and can also be the cause of needless churn in the project, especially with responsive design and multi-device support.

I am not sure what you mean by a PDF-based Web page by the way. If you mean to deliver PDF to the end user, remember that you will have problems with accessibility, with differently sized devices, with mobile devices, with search indexes and page visibility. If you mean you're delivering a mockup in PDF rather than in HTML, though (which I've assumed in this reply for the most part) you'll probably get further, faster, by making your design with SVG and converting that to PDF, and Inkscape is the tool for that.

Liam

--  Liam "ankh" Quin
http://www.fromoldbooks.org/

World Wide Web Consortium staff, http://www.w3.org/