RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

python-fu

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

python-fu ugajin@talktalk.net 20 Mar 17:59
  python-fu Ofnuts 20 Mar 22:47
   python-fu ugajin@talktalk.net 21 Mar 00:15
ugajin@talktalk.net
2016-03-20 17:59:34 UTC (about 8 years ago)

python-fu

I am having issues creating Python-fu scripts that seem to be editor related. I have a number of editors, but only one works with python- fu!

To illustrate; I am unable to use the Atom to author/create python-fu scripts. It isn't an issue with the script. E.g. I create a new python document using Atom (in the correct working directory), paste some content into the file that I know to be good, and re-save it. However, when I fire up GIMP the file/script is not found. I do the same thing, using TextWrangler, create the file, save it (in the same working directory as before), paste the content (also as before), and again re- save it, and it works! GIMP finds the file, and will execute the same.

The thing is, it isn't just Atom. I experience the same problem using Sublime Text, CotEditor, and TextEdit (I am on OS X).

Can anyone suggest what is going on here?

Many thanks

-u

Ofnuts
2016-03-20 22:47:10 UTC (about 8 years ago)

python-fu

On 20/03/16 18:59, ugajin@talktalk.net wrote:

I am having issues creating Python-fu scripts that seem to be editor related. I have a number of editors, but only one works with python- fu!

To illustrate; I am unable to use the Atom to author/create python-fu scripts. It isn't an issue with the script. E.g. I create a new python document using Atom (in the correct working directory), paste some content into the file that I know to be good, and re-save it. However, when I fire up GIMP the file/script is not found. I do the same thing, using TextWrangler, create the file, save it (in the same working directory as before), paste the content (also as before), and again re- save it, and it works! GIMP finds the file, and will execute the same.

The thing is, it isn't just Atom. I experience the same problem using Sublime Text, CotEditor, and TextEdit (I am on OS X).

Just a guess... On OSX (and Linux) Python-fu scripts need to have the executable flag set to ba taken in account by Gimp. Some editors could be setting it automatically when you edit a recognized script file type, when others wouldn't.

ugajin@talktalk.net
2016-03-21 00:15:03 UTC (about 8 years ago)

python-fu

Yes, I found this: 'C-language and Python plug-in files must have permissions set to allow execution.' buried here: http://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Plugins.

It appears TextWrangler will set the permission flag to executable provided it contains a shebang.

-u

----Original Message----
Date: 20/03/2016 22:47
To:
Subj: Re: [Gimp-user] python-fu

On 20/03/16 18:59, ugajin@talktalk.net wrote:

To illustrate; I am unable to use the Atom to author/create python-

fu

scripts. It isn't an issue with the script. E.g. I create a new

python

document using Atom (in the correct working directory), paste some content into the file that I know to be good, and re-save it.

However,

when I fire up GIMP the file/script is not found. I do the same

thing,

using TextWrangler, create the file, save it (in the same working directory as before), paste the content (also as before), and again

re-

save it, and it works! GIMP finds the file, and will execute the

same.

The thing is, it isn't just Atom. I experience the same problem

using

Sublime Text, CotEditor, and TextEdit (I am on OS X).

Just a guess... On OSX (and Linux) Python-fu scripts need to have the executable flag set to ba taken in account by Gimp. Some editors

could

be setting it automatically when you edit a recognized script file

type,

when others wouldn't.
_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list

List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list