RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

unit help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

unit help ugajin@talktalk.net 18 Feb 12:06
ugajin@talktalk.net
2016-02-18 12:06:30 UTC (about 8 years ago)

unit help

I am having difficulty setting the units for an image. By default my GIMP installation (OS X/GIMP v2.8.16) displays the image size in pixels, print size in mm and resolution in ppi - as in the Image Properties dialog. I would like the print size info to be consistent with the resolution info. I believe this ought to be configurable but can't find how to do this.

I looked at Image > Print Size and the Set Image Print Resolution dialog. By default the print size is shown in mm and resolution in ppi (pixels/in). I hit the Reset button, and this configures the resolution into pixels/mm after which the Image properties dialog at least dispalays both print size and resolution in millimetres and pixels/mm respectively, but of course I would like the info both in imperial inches.

You might think (like me) that changing the Set Image Print Resolution dialog to Inches and pxcels/in respectively would do the trick, but no! If after I then open the Image Properties dialog the Print size is displayed in millimeters and the resolution in ppi. Also, if I re-open Set Image Print Resolution the Print Size property has defaulted back to mm.

Thanks in anticipation.

-u