RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Linking Layers?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Linking Layers? PlasticTopHat 05 Feb 23:02
  Linking Layers? Maurizio Loreti 06 Feb 09:19
  Linking Layers? Alexandre Prokoudine 06 Feb 11:26
   Linking Layers? PlasticTopHat 13 Feb 01:14
PlasticTopHat
2016-02-05 23:02:48 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Linking Layers?

My current drawing is really building up an amazing collection of layers. I still would like to be able to edit these layers individually later on, but for now I would be happy with having some of them "collapsed" in groups. I'd rather not merge them together and have to store individual layers in a separate file to import later. Is there an easy way to "collapse" a group of layers?

For instance, the drawing is of a wooden cross with ivy growing on it. I have three layers of ivy leaves, each a slightly different shade. I would like to collapse them into a "leaves" group that takes up less space in my layers menu, but still have them expandable if I decide to edit them later.

Is there a way to do that, or something similar?

Maurizio Loreti
2016-02-06 09:19:18 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Linking Layers?

User manual, section 4 "Layer groups"

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 12:02 AM, PlasticTopHat wrote:

My current drawing is really building up an amazing collection of layers. I still would like to be able to edit these layers individually later on, but for
now I would be happy with having some of them "collapsed" in groups. I'd rather
not merge them together and have to store individual layers in a separate file
to import later. Is there an easy way to "collapse" a group of layers?

For instance, the drawing is of a wooden cross with ivy growing on it. I have
three layers of ivy leaves, each a slightly different shade. I would like to
collapse them into a "leaves" group that takes up less space in my layers menu,
but still have them expandable if I decide to edit them later.

-- PlasticTopHat (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Maurizio Loreti  --  Maurizio.Loreti@gmail.com
Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-02-06 11:26:29 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Linking Layers?

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 2:02 AM, PlasticTopHat wrote:

My current drawing is really building up an amazing collection of layers. I still would like to be able to edit these layers individually later on, but for now I would be happy with having some of them "collapsed" in groups. I'd rather not merge them together and have to store individual layers in a separate file to import later. Is there an easy way to "collapse" a group of layers?

For instance, the drawing is of a wooden cross with ivy growing on it. I have three layers of ivy leaves, each a slightly different shade. I would like to collapse them into a "leaves" group that takes up less space in my layers menu, but still have them expandable if I decide to edit them later.

http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-layer-groups.html

Alex

PlasticTopHat
2016-02-13 01:14:19 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Linking Layers?

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. Don't know why I didn't notice it in the Layers menu...