RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Crop with ratio

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Crop with ratio Scott Ainslie 03 Nov 08:04
  Crop with ratio David Neary 03 Nov 15:07
  Crop with ratio Jeff Stephens 03 Nov 18:45
   Crop with ratio Sven Neumann 03 Nov 19:44
Scott Ainslie
2004-11-03 08:04:31 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Crop with ratio

Is there any way that I can set the crop tool to crop to a given ratio? eg: Most prints are all the same ratio (width x height), is there a way that I can set the crop tool to 3x4 and the when I drag the box on an image it will alway be in the ratio of 3x4. ie: Whatever I crop will always print nicely as a photo.

Thanks Scott

David Neary
2004-11-03 15:07:37 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Crop with ratio

Hi Scott,

Scott Ainslie wrote:

Is there any way that I can set the crop tool to crop to a given ratio?

In 2.0, you should use the rectangular selection tool with a constrained aspect ratio to frame your image, and then crop to the selection. In 2.2, you do not need to do this, since you may constrain cropping to a given aspect ratio.

Cheers, Dave.

Jeff Stephens
2004-11-03 18:45:37 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Crop with ratio

you can configure the rectangle select tool to be a fixed aspect ratio. Then pop up the crop tool and pick "from selection"

Scott Ainslie said:

Is there any way that I can set the crop tool to crop to a given ratio? eg: Most prints are all the same ratio (width x height), is there a way that I can set the crop tool to 3x4 and the when I drag the box on an image it will alway be in the ratio of 3x4. ie: Whatever I crop will always print nicely as a photo.

Thanks Scott

Sven Neumann
2004-11-03 19:44:56 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Crop with ratio

Hi,

"Jeff Stephens" writes:

you can configure the rectangle select tool to be a fixed aspect ratio. Then pop up the crop tool and pick "from selection"

Just choose Image->Crop Image or Layer->Crop Layer which will crop to the size of the selection w/o the need to switch tools.

Sven