RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Clone Tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Clone Tool Domster 24 Dec 01:20
  Clone Tool Alex Vergara Gil 24 Dec 14:22
   Clone Tool Domster 24 Dec 23:38
2015-12-24 01:20:56 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

Clone Tool

Hello,

i need the clone tool very often. In PS you can rotate the cloned part before starting to use the tool. This is very helpful when for example you want to fix some flashlights in the iris of an eye. I can't find something similar in Gimp. Is there a solution?

Thank you!

Rainer

Alex Vergara Gil
2015-12-24 14:22:06 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Clone Tool

I joined to this enhancement request with a slightly different proposal, instead of a moving point to clone (which is the actual behavior) it would be better a full warp deformable cloning area for the clone tool.

For Domster, here is your solution

1. duplicate the layer 2. Rotate the duplicated layer (or warp transform it) 3. place a mark with the clone tool on duplicated layer 4. select original layer and start cloning.

This is what the enhancement shall do in background

happy gimping!

Alex

2015-12-23 20:20 GMT-05:00, Domster :

Hello,

i need the clone tool very often. In PS you can rotate the cloned part before
starting to use the tool. This is very helpful when for example you want to fix
some flashlights in the iris of an eye. I can't find something similar in Gimp.
Is there a solution?

Thank you!

Rainer

-- Domster (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

2015-12-24 23:38:16 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

Clone Tool

Hi Alex,

thank you very much for your workaround! But i really would like to see this function in the next gimp version :)

Best regards

Rainer

I joined to this enhancement request with a slightly different proposal, instead of a moving point to clone (which is the actual behavior) it would be better a full warp deformable cloning area for the clone tool.

For Domster, here is your solution

1. duplicate the layer 2. Rotate the duplicated layer (or warp transform it) 3. place a mark with the clone tool on duplicated layer 4. select original layer and start cloning.

This is what the enhancement shall do in background

happy gimping!

Alex

2015-12-23 20:20 GMT-05:00, Domster :