RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Text-on-path not visible in .jpg or .png exports

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Text-on-path not visible in .jpg or .png exports Jogchum Reitsma 16 Dec 13:36
  Text-on-path not visible in .jpg or .png exports Ofnuts 16 Dec 22:54
Jogchum Reitsma
2015-12-16 13:36:28 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Hi,

Using GIMP 2.8.16 on openSuse Tumbleweed, I try to draw some text-on-path on a photo-image. In itself that is easy and successful, but when I want to export this to .png or .jpg, the photo is exported, but the text is not visible.

In the preview of the export it is, but not in the final result.

Funny thing - at least for me - is that the text doesn't seem to sit on a layer - if I make both layers (the one with the original text, not yet placed on a path, and the one with the photo-image) invisible, the text-on-path is still visible.

Probably I do something wrong, but can anyone point me to what that might be?

thanks and regards,

Jogchum Reitsma

Ofnuts
2015-12-16 22:54:54 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On 16/12/15 14:36, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:

Hi,

Using GIMP 2.8.16 on openSuse Tumbleweed, I try to draw some text-on-path on a photo-image. In itself that is easy and successful, but when I want to export this to .png or .jpg, the photo is exported, but the text is not visible.

In the preview of the export it is, but not in the final result.

Funny thing - at least for me - is that the text doesn't seem to sit on a layer - if I make both layers (the one with the original text, not yet placed on a path, and the one with the photo-image) invisible, the text-on-path is still visible.

Probably I do something wrong, but can anyone point me to what that might be?

The text you see is a "Path". It is an indication like the marching ants you see for the selection. It has to be stroked (Edit>Stroke path) or filled (Select>From path and bucket-fill selection) to become "physically" part of the image.

For an introduction to paths: http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-using-paths.html