RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

color corrections lost when saving file

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

color corrections lost when saving file John Cox 30 Oct 02:43
  color corrections lost when saving file Sven Neumann 30 Oct 02:59
  color corrections lost when saving file Simon Budig 30 Oct 03:01
John Cox
2004-10-30 02:43:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

When I make a change (to a .PNG) using the levels tool and then attempt to save the file as a jpeg, the corrections are lost IF I attempt a compression adjustment. If I just accept whatever the save dialog suggests, no problem. To get around this I have had to save the newly corrected image ,close and re-open the file (now with the correction) . After this I can change the jpeg compression for the corrected image.

Am I missing something here? Surely this can't be the proper way to do this. John

Sven Neumann
2004-10-30 02:59:40 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

John Cox writes:

When I make a change (to a .PNG) using the levels tool and then attempt to save the file as a jpeg, the corrections are lost IF I attempt a compression adjustment. If I just accept whatever the save dialog suggests, no problem. To get around this I have had to save the newly corrected image ,close and re-open the file (now with the correction) . After this I can change the jpeg compression for the corrected image.

Huh? I am not sure if I can follow your description but my guess is that you didn't confirm the Levels tool adjustments by clicking OK in the Levels tool dialog. You should do that before saving the result.

Sven

Simon Budig
2004-10-30 03:01:14 UTC (over 19 years ago)

John Cox (pkands@gmail.com) wrote:

Am I missing something here? Surely this can't be the proper way to do this.

Make sure to properly apply the levels tool by clicking on "OK" before trying to save the file. The preview mechanism in the jpeg-plugin conflicts with an active levels tool.

I hope this helps.

Bye, Simon