RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Sript Fu problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Sript Fu problems ssabo 03 Dec 15:02
  Sript Fu problems Kevin Cozens 21 Mar 19:34
2015-12-03 15:02:03 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

Sript Fu problems

Where to start…I have been using Gimp since at least 2013. My laptop is running Windows XP. Earlier in the year I started noticing during start-up a pop-up stating a .dll could not be found. If I just clicked ok…the program would start up as usual.

Then I would start to experience in the middle of working on something for say an hour, a pop-up stating that the program had to close….where by I ended up loosing everything I had been working on.

After this happening numerous times…I decided on reinstalling Gimp. 2.8.16 was the latest version…but could not get it to open without immediately crashing…no matter how many times I downloaded and started over. Then I uninstalled and tried 2.8.14.

Finally 2.8.14 would install and work! But now my MAJOR problem, I have been using Script Fu A LOT. But now it is no long in the upper menu just after “filters” where it use to be. Now it is at the bottom of the “filters” menu, and I have tried everything, but can’t get it to work.

I really need Script Fu on three websites I am presently designing…HELP!

Kevin Cozens
2016-03-21 19:34:52 UTC (about 8 years ago)

Sript Fu problems

On 15-12-03 10:02 AM, ssabo wrote:

Finally 2.8.14 would install and work! But now my MAJOR problem, I have been using Script Fu A LOT. But now it is no long in the upper menu just after “filters” where it use to be. Now it is at the bottom of the “filters” menu, and I have tried everything, but can’t get it to work.

I really need Script Fu on three websites I am presently designing…HELP!

If you see Script-Fu in the menus it is available. If you are trying to use some scripts that you had running in a much older version of GIMP they may need updates. Changes within GIMP and changes in Script-Fu itself have meant some scripts need changes. If you provide more details about what is and isn't working for you more specific help can be provided.

Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include  |             --Chris Hardwick