RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

free hand selection tool ('lasso')

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

free hand selection tool ('lasso') glas 13 Nov 15:08
  free hand selection tool ('lasso') Ofnuts 14 Nov 11:16
   free hand selection tool ('lasso') Richard 15 Nov 21:30
2015-11-13 15:08:06 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

Whilst using this tool it has recently begun to draw its own lines part way through and thus complete the selection for me - trouble is, I've never finished what I'm actually trying to select!! I've deleted and re-installed the application, but it is still doing it. Has something changed (for example, is there perhaps a setting that says it should try to predict what I'm trying to select based on some algorithm or other)? Right now, the tool is completely useless. Thanks

Ofnuts
2015-11-14 11:16:37 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On 13/11/15 16:08, glas wrote:

Whilst using this tool it has recently begun to draw its own lines part way through and thus complete the selection for me - trouble is, I've never finished what I'm actually trying to select!! I've deleted and re-installed the application, but it is still doing it. Has something changed (for example, is there perhaps a setting that says it should try to predict what I'm trying to select based on some algorithm or other)? Right now, the tool is completely useless. Thanks

The tool does that when it gets a double-click, so it is likely that something in your system is emitting stray double-clicks. I have had this happen to me with an aging mouse (these double click are caused by worn out contacts bouncing). If you have a wireless mouse check the batteries.

Btw, when this happens, all is not lost, you can add/subtract further selections to what you have got.

Richard
2015-11-15 21:30:43 UTC (over 8 years ago)

This can also potentially occur if you're using the lasso select on a touchscreen/touchpad/tablet stylus, depending on those devices' pressure sensitivity settings.

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 12:16:37 +0100 Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] free hand selection tool ('lasso')

On 13/11/15 16:08, glas wrote:

The tool does that when it gets a double-click, so it is likely that something in your system is emitting stray double-clicks. I have had this happen to me with an aging mouse (these double click are caused by worn out contacts bouncing). If you have a wireless mouse check the batteries.

Btw, when this happens, all is not lost, you can add/subtract further selections to what you have got.
_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list