RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

resize question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

resize question Serge 27 Oct 13:35
resize question Bob Long 27 Oct 14:16
Serge
2004-10-27 13:35:20 UTC (over 19 years ago)

resize question

Hi

Used to work with photoshop, for instance when i want to take someone's hand in one picture and to put it in another one, i chose my selection , copied it and pasted it into the second picture, and then I could resize it [bigger or smaller], transform it to ajust it to my wills. How can i do it with gimp? The resize , transform tool is for the whole layer and not for the selection itself..I suppose i am missing something..

Thank for your help

Bob Long
2004-10-27 14:16:04 UTC (over 19 years ago)

resize question

On Wednesday, October 27, 2004 9:35 PM [GMT+1=CET], Serge wrote:

Used to work with photoshop, for instance when i want to take someone's hand in one picture and to put it in another one, i chose my selection , copied it and pasted it into the second picture, and then I could resize it [bigger or smaller], transform it to ajust it to my wills.
How can i do it with gimp? The resize , transform tool is for the whole layer and not for the selection itself..I suppose i am missing something..

I did this in 2.0.5 (for Windows):

Opened two images. Selected something from first image. Edit|Copy. In second image, Edit|Paste. That creates a pasted layer. Select the Scale tool (or Shift-T). You should be able to drag the handles around the pasted layer to scale it. You may have to ensure the "Scale Options" has "Transform Layer" selected in the "Affect:" selection.

Bob Long