RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Bizarre Selection-Filling Issue

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Bizarre Selection-Filling Issue Shiizumi 07 Nov 20:53
  Bizarre Selection-Filling Issue Shiizumi 07 Nov 22:40
2015-11-07 20:53:36 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

I'm attempting to manually colour a previously black-and-white image with Gimp. Several sporadic many hours (over the course of a few months) I'm nearly done, and wanted to re-shade the hair. I take my previous hair-shade layer, do Alpha To Selection to select all of it, make a new transparent layer, and with the Free Selection tool, add in more to the selection. All seems good until I attempt to colour it! The layer is transparent, and I was using Brush tool set to a shade of grey, and while grey shows up...not all the time, and sometimes outside the borders. (Screenshot 1; my attempt to colour in the selection. On the left is the Selection Editor, to make sure Gimp actually knows the selection is there.) Essentially, Gimp is attempting to shade in the new layer just like the old one. I've tried this before, and have never had this issue, so I'm not sure what's wrong with it. (Making new layers, applying masks, deleting the old shading layer, etc. didn't fix this problem. Additionally, in the Selection Editor screen, I can click the button to draw along the edge of the selection, and that works perfectly fine.) -
Gimp Version 2.8.4; Windows 8.1 64-bit I don't recall fiddling with settings, but I'll assume something isn't default.

2015-11-07 22:40:39 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

Ahhh, never mind figured it out.
Was some minor layer order issues mixed in with some older applied mask. Whups.